Facilities, Maintenance, Operations (FMO)

2.1 Facilities, Maintenance and Operations

Last Edited: 09/22/2016

The Facilities, Maintenance & Operations Department supports approximately 25,000 students by providing services to the Saddleback College administrators, faculty and staff as well as the South Orange County Community College District personnel on the 214 acres of the picturesque rolling hills that are Saddleback College and its buildings and structures. 

Our Goal

The primary goal of Saddleback College’s Facilities, Maintenance & Operations group is to provide safe user-friendly facilities and access to facilities for the students, faculty, staff and the community surrounding Saddleback College. This is done in an effort to support the college’s goal of providing comprehensive post-secondary education and a full range of student services. 

Current Selection

Management Overview
FMO Staff Hierarchy

Service Requests

Work Orders: Repairs, Maintenance, Set-ups |
Property Transfers: Transfer property items in and out of Surplus
Vehicle Requests: Athletic and Field Trips (Non-Athletic)
Key Requests: Issuance of New or Replacement Keys
Hazardous Waste Removal: Scheduling quarterly hazardous waste removal

Emergency: Call 949-582-4880 for immediate hazardous or safety incidents; for example broken plumbing, bodily fluids, and deceased animals.

Office Operations:

Hours:  Monday through Friday from 7:30am-4:30pm

General phone number:  (949) 582-4880

2.2 Hazardous Waste Removal

Last Edited: 09/26/2016

Hazardous Waste Removal

A quarterly e-mail is sent to various department that are in need of Hazardous Waste Removal. These departments will complete Hazardous Waste Removal Forms and send them to Facilities, Maintenance & Operations (FMO) to forward to the vendor.  On the scheduled dates, all Hazardous Waste is picked up and the clarifying tanks are pumped out.  Documents are prepared by the vendor for designated manager’s signature.  All records are kept in FMO department.  

For Needle stick containers, there is a central location on the 1st floor of the Health Sciences building; which is picked up weekly.

AR 3801 – Removal of Hazardous Waste
Hazardous Waste Removal form

2.3 Key Request

Last Edited: 09/26/2016

Keys may be requested by employees of the District upon approval of their Director or Dean.

Classroom keys are typically not issued to faculty as they are in the possession of the Director or Dean.

  • All of the fields must be completed. One individual per form
  • Print the document to obtain appropriate signatures(s).
  • Fax completed and signed form to Facilities, Maintenance & Operations (FMO) at 
  • 949-364-9461. Keep the original for your record.
  • An email will be sent to the requestor when the key is ready to be picked up at Campus Police.
  • Requests for Master Keys require Dean/Director justification and recommendation.

Key Request form

2.4 Motor Vehicle Request

Last Edited: 10/17/2016

The use of District Motor Vehicles is restricted to District business, by authorized District personnel, such as currently employed faculty and staff.  In certain situations, student employees in performance of their duties, upon approval of their supervisor, may use vehicles. Enrolled students and volunteer drivers may be used during field trips and athletic events, but must be in conjunction with a class and the instructor must be present. Volunteers must be approved by the Board of Trustees before they may request District Motor Vehicle use.

All drivers must have a current California Driver’s License Report on file in the Facilities, Maintenance & Operations Office (FM&O) and must adhere to the District Driver’s Policy; sections AR-3205(d) and AR 3205(e).

Consideration is given based on availability and need which best serves the District and College.

Vehicles are not reserved on a permanent basis for any function.

No one under the age of 18 is allowed to drive/ride in a district vehicle as they would be classified by the State as being in the K-12 age bracket and the South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD) is not approved to transport K-12 students.

California Education Code: Division 3, Part 23.5, Chapter 1, Article 3 - School busses

 For Field Trips or any event that is NOT an Athletic event, use the Motor Vehicle Requisition (MVR) form. 

  • Complete all fields and sign. 
  • Form must also be signed by the Dean, Director or higher to whom you report. 
  • Fax the form to the FM&O office at (949)364-9461. Retain the original for your records.

For Athletic Events, Use the Motor Vehicle Requisition-Athletics (MVR-A) form.

  • Complete all fields and sign. 
  • Form must also be signed by the Dean, Director or higher to whom you report. 
  • Fax the form to the FM&O office at (949)364-9461. Retain the original for your records.

2.5 Work Orders

Last Edited: 09/26/2016

Work orders are required when reporting maintenance issues and requesting setup for events such as tables, chairs, EZ-Ups, electrical lines.

You must include your Dean or Director’s email address in the original request.  

When identifying the location for the request there is a drop down “tree” system on the form that shows each room on campus, keep pressing the “+” symbol at each drop down section until you see your room then click on your room and it will populate the field.