Saddleback College Police and Emergency Information
The Saddleback College Police Department is a service-oriented police agency. The Department is staffed by fully-sworn Police Officers, trained and regulated by standards established by the California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Commission. The officers have the same authority as a Municipal Police Officer or County Deputy Sheriff.
Saddleback College Police Officers are responsible for patrolling campus grounds, taking crime and incident reports, conducting investigations, enforcing all applicable laws, traffic regulations and providing a safe environment for our students, faculty, staff and guests.
In an emergency, dial ext. 4444 from any campus phone, 24-hours a day. All crimes, suspicious activities, and any emergencies should be reported to the Saddleback College Police Department. Saddleback College Police can be contacted at any time by calling (949) 582-4585 from your cell phone or at ext. 4585 from any campus phone.
Andrew Craven, Police Technical Services Specialist, and Jean Lukas, Senior Administrative Assistant can be contacted by calling the main office number.
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Friday 7:00 a.m-5:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday CLOSED.
Saddleback College seeks to offer the safest possible campus environment for students. However, students are encouraged to follow a few common-sense guidelines applicable to being in any public place, particularly at night.
- Try to walk with other people to and from your car, or keep other people in view. The college also provides free Security Escort through the Campus Police Department.
- Be sure to lock your car. Don’t leave valuables on the seat where they are visible.
- Be alert to your surroundings, and project that alertness by keeping your head up and walking in a purposeful manner. Don’t text while walking, particularly on or near a roadway or in parking lots.
- Stay on the lighted main walkways throughout campus. Additional lighting has been added throughout the campus for increased night visibility. Keep your personal items with you at all times.
- If a situation, circumstances or person(s) make you suspicious or uncomfortable, trust your instincts and call Campus Police immediately. Don’t reason away your suspicions or hope someone else will call.
- Report any suspicious activity or persons to Campus Police at ext. 4444 for an emergency from any campus phone or (949) 582-4585 or ext. 4585.
**Page 44 of the Saddleback College Student Handbook 2015-2016
Saddleback College provides a Security Escort Service to walk you between classrooms and other areas of the campus. Students wishing to use this service should dial 949-582-4585 to make arrangements for the security escort.
**Page 18 of the Saddleback College Course Catalogue 2015-2016
Campus police has an emergency procedures manual available for all staff and faculty. The manual provides the emergency operations center (EOC) Activation, emergency operations center locations, explains the procedures of Saddleback College in case of a medical/first aid emergency, First aid for seizures, power blackouts, fire, emergency, earthquake, bomb threat, and campus evacuations.
Emergency Procedures for Web 1-6-06.pdf