Student Payment - Veterans

5.1 Student Payment Office

Last Edited: 09/23/2016

The Student Payment Office embraces excellence and success. The office provides a full range of payment services to students.  These services include cashiering payments, processing refunds and deferral requests, establishing division fines on student accounts, issuing various checks and vouchers, and auditing and correcting student accounts. Our goal is to provide these services to students in an effective and efficient manner, allowing students to maintain their primary focus on the attainment of their education goals.

5.2 Registration and Payment

Last Edited: 10/13/2016

Once all classed have been added, they will be shown in the Pending Charges to your schedule section. Click on the NEXT button to continue.

The Checkout Fees page shows the breakdown of fees and charges for the selected classes. Please choose whether to purchase an ASB Stamp and then click on the NEXT button to continue.

Workday Paying for Fees

Select a payment method and enter payment information, accept or decline the Refund Policy, and click on the Complete Registration button to complete the enrollment.

IMPORTANT:  Do not click the Complete Registration button more than once. Doing so many cause a credit card to be charged multiple time.

Workday Paying for Fees

Payment Options

Internet:  Pay on MySite with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. Click Register for Classes and continue to "next" until you reach the payment window.

Mail:  Send checks / money orders / cashier's check to the Student Payment Office. Make check payable to Saddleback College. Include Student I. D. Number on the check.

In-Person:  Pay in person by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. There is a Drop Box outside the Student Payment Office for check drop-offs after hours.

Telephone: Pay over the telephone using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card.  Call (949) 582-4870.

Other Types of Payments

Some students have their fees paid by various agencies such as:

  • Employer tuition payment plans.
  • Foreign country embassy payments.
  • Military Tuition Assistance (MTA) payments.
  • State pre-paid tuition plans (e.g., Texas, Florida, etc.).
  • Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) payments.

5.3 Parking Permit Purchase

Last Edited: 10/13/2016

Parking permits are required at all times. Vehicles that do not properly display a parking permit will receive a parking citation.

Online with a credit or debit card:

  • Logon to MySite.
  • Click on the “Parking” link (it is on the left side of the screen).
  • Complete the form on the screen, to include credit/debit card information.
  • Print a temporary permit. A permanent permit will be mailed. (Please note that temporary permits are only available once the semester has begun.)

In person with cash or a check:

Students and staff who prefer to pay by cash or check may do so at the Student Payment office on the upper campus or at the Campus Police Office on the lower campus.

Daily Parking Permits: Daily parking permits may be purchased for $5 at any kiosk on campus. Click here for a map of kiosk locations. 

Refunds for parking permits are handled by the Campus Police Office on the lower campus. Parking citations are also handled by the Campus Police Office. 

If you purchased a parking permit before receiving a Board of Governor's Waiver, then you may be entitled to a $10 Refund for spring and fall semesters.

5.4 Refund Information

Last Edited: 10/13/2016

  1. To obtain a refund of enrollment, health and material fees, a student must officially drop class(es) within the deadlines below, and subject to the criteria below.  The student must also complete a refund request (a refund is NOT automatically generated when a student drops a class; it must be requested, even if payment was made by credit card).

    To find refund deadline dates: Refer to the “Details” link for the class in the on-line Schedule of Classes.
  2. Students also qualify for a refund of fees paid if the class is cancelled by the college, or if fees were collected in error (non-resident fees, for example). 
  3. Parking fee refunds:  To qualify for a parking fee refund, all on-campus classes must have been dropped (or cancelled by the College) within the refund deadline dates.  The parking permit must be turned in to the College Student Payment Office or Campus Police.
  4. Refunds are not granted for classes added after the classes’ refund deadline date.
  5. Associated Student Body (ASB) fees, and non-resident application fees, are NOT refundable.
  6. Students who paid their fees by cash, check or money order will receive a refund check by mail. Refund must be processed by credit card if payment was made by credit card.

Refund Process:

  • Refund forms can be printed from the College website: Click on the refund form link on the left of this page. Refund forms are also available in the Student Payment Office.
  • Refund processing timeframes:  Up to 2 weeks to process a refund by credit card, and up to 30 days for a refund by check.

Refund Policy

  • There are no refunds of class fees for a class added or dropped after the refund deadline date of that class. 
  • Per California education code regulations, students must officially drop classes within each classes’ refund deadline date in order to be eligible for a refund of those classes’ fees.
  • After the refund deadline date, student who drop a class, or students dropped from a class by the instructor, or student dropped from a class due to nonpayment, are NOT entitled to a refund of class fees.
  • Material fees are not refundable on or after the first day of class, unless the college division office approves a refund in writing to the college Student Payment Office.
  • The only exception to this policy is when the college cancels the class.  In this instance, the fees charged for the cancelled class will be refunded.
  • Refund deadline dates are different for different classes. The refund deadline date for each class can be found in the details section of each class within the online class schedule on the college website.

Administrative Regulations 5608 and Board Policy 5608 Tuition Refunds

5.5 Financial Aid Check Disbursement

Last Edited: 10/13/2016

Financial aid checks are disbursed to financial aid students according to a schedule prepared by the Financial Aid Office.  Any questions concerning this schedule or your status should be directed to the Financial Aid Office

Scholarship checks and Stafford loan checks are disbursed at the Student Payment Office. Students need to bring in a release slip from the Financial Aid Office and a photo Identification card in order to pick up their checks.

5.6 Hold Code

Last Edited: 10/13/2016

A hold code on a student account may prevent a student from enrolling in classes or getting a transcript. Below is a list of the most common hold codes. Follow the instructions below to clear up the hold on your account.



Library Hold.  Contact the Library to clear this hold. 


Bookstore Hold.  Go to the Bookstore to pay any money owed, and get a clearance slip.  Take your clearance slip to the Student Payment Office to have the hold removed.


Chemistry Lab Fine.  Go to the Student Payment Office to pay the fine and have the hold removed. To dispute the fine, go to the Chemistry Lab. If the fine is cleared, take the clearance slip to the Student Payment Office. Click here for payment methods.


P. E. Fine.  Go to the Student Payment Office to pay the fine and have the hold removed.  To dispute the fine, go to the P. E. Office. If the fine is cleared, take the clearance slip to the Student Payment Office. Click here for payment methods.

6 Fiscal Hold.  Go to the Student Payment Office to pay the balance due. Click here for payment methods.
8 Vice President of Student Services Hold.  Contact the Vice President of Student Services Office in the Student Services Building.
9 Check/Debit Card "Insufficient Fund" Hold.  Go to the Student Payment Office to pay the balance due.  Payment must be cash, cashier's check, money order or credit card. Click here for payment methods.

Note: There is a $20 charge for all insufficient fund transactions.

For other hold codes contact the Admissions & Records Office (949) 582-4555.

Tuition Statements (Form 1098-T) will be mailed by Jan. 31st.

You will not receive a 1098-T if any of the following apply:

  • Students whose fees were completely covered by financial aid.
  • Students who took non-credit classes only.
  • Non-Resident aliens (Resident code = 600-603, 700-702).
  • Students with no Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID Number on file.

Assistance is available from Saddleback College’s District Headquarters:

5.7 Veterans Education Benefits

Last Edited: 10/13/2016

The Veterans Office serves as the coordinator of Veterans Administration (VA) education benefits for Saddleback College students who are eligible to receive these benefits. This coordination includes providing information to eligible students, maintaining files on each student receiving VA Benefits and certifying these students’ college course work for payment by VA.

What Am I Eligible For?  

To be eligible for Veterans Administration (VA) education benefits, you must fall into one of the following categories or “Chapters”. 


Chapter 33, 30, 1607, 1606 and 35

Chapter 31

  1. How Do I Get Started?

    Apply for Admission
    Mark Veteran on your application
    Collect your DD 214, Military ID or Order Papers.
    Have all official transcripts sent to Saddleback College from any schools attended
  2. Complete Matriculation
    a. Assessment
    b. Online Orientation
    c. Advisement
  3. Make an appointment with a VETS Counselor to complete your Student Educational Plan (SEP)
  4. Get you benefits
    a. Review
    b. Visit the VA Educational Benefits Veterans Office website
  5. Learn about available Financial Aid
  6. Pick your classes
    a. Enroll in your classes using MySite
    b. Pay fees & purchase parking permit
  7. Get your textbooks: Buy, Rent or Borrow and 
  8. Get familiar with the different Veterans Resources available at  Saddleback

Complete the “matriculation” (Math and English placement testing) process.

Military Tuition Assistance Program

Eligibility:  All active-duty military personnel are eligible to receive MTA.

What MTA pays for:  It pays the enrollment fees for classes; students are responsible for payment of all other fees.

How to receive MTA:   Students must bring in a completed tuition assistance form to the college Veterans Office in the Administration and Governance Building (AGB). These forms are available at the base education office.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Why does my student account show money owed even though I turned in a MTA form? The military pays only after the semester is over, and the military has been notified that the student passed the course. When an MTA form is turned in, the college Veterans Office will defer (postpone) the payment deadline for the enrollment fees until payment is received from the military. The college normally receives payment 3-4 months after the end of the semester.
  • If I fail a class, will MTA still pay for that class? No, students must pass each class, or the military will not pay for the class.
  • Who do I contact if I have questions about MTA? Call the college Veterans Office at (949)582-4871.

Priority Registration for Veterans

  • To be eligible for a priority registration appointment, please submit a copy of your DD-214 or Military ID to the Admissions & Records office.
  • After providing Admissions & Records with a copy of your DD214 or Military Active Duty ID Card, check My Site to confirm you have a priority registration date. 
  • Please note that effective Fall 2014 Admission and Records will implement changes to the priority registration process and there will be restrictions in some student’s cases. Please contact Admission and Records directly for clarification in this process and/or visit Admission and Records webpage.